Re: Europa-List: top cowl carb air inlet

Subject: Re: Europa-List: top cowl carb air inlet
From: Rowland Carson <rowlandcarson@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2016 21:33:52

On 2016-03-15, at 21:08, Sky <richard.churchill-coleman@sky.com> wrote:

> Rowland, I have the Nev Eyre cowl set as well (though not yet built) and my
> understanding
is that it does away with the fresh air inlet by guiding fresh air
over the top of the engine from the cooling ducts immediately behind the prop
- as a result, you simply put "normal" Rotax air filters onto the carb inlets
and use air from directly inside the cowling.  There is a picture of this set
up on the Europa website where Nev's cowls are shown with the top off.

Richard - thanks for your message, thanks to Alan Twigg too. It seems you folk
have had more than I got from Neville in the way of documentation (well, I dont
think I got anything on paper).

Ive looked on the Europa factory website and cant find any pictures of or
reference
to Nevilles cowls. Can you give me the exact URL, please?

in friendship

Rowland