Re: Europa-List: Crossing the Channel?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Crossing the Channel?
From: Roger Sheridan <rogersheridan@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2016 15:36:51
I've had good service from Rennes, less than 10 Euro ldg fee, free parking a
t the very friendly Aeroclub with wifi.

http://www.acriv.org/

Have always emailed ahead to the club, Ops & customs. Never saw any customs o
fficials.

Bon vol,

Roger

Sent from my iPad

> On 8 Mar 2016, at 14:59, David Watts <dg.watts@talktalk.net> wrote:
>
> Glen,
> I have to admit that I normally avoid LeTorquet due to the charges but I h
ave to admit that the last time I went there, September 2015 the landing fee
 was a reasonable =82=AC12
> Dave Watts G-BXDY Classic Mono 2,200 hours
>
>> On 8 Mar 2016, at 11:35, davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk wrote:
>>
>> Glenn, Le Touquet is very well set up for first timers, especially if you
 are not planning to go deep into France. The only minor drawback is that th
ey charge you 20 euros or some such - more like English A/Fs than French sta
ndards. If you are going further into France then Troyes is a good choice, w
ith customs (on request) and UL91 on tap and an interesting city to overnigh
t in. I attach last year's Le Touquet briefing sheet that was prepared for t
he annual Europa Club Fly out (due May 21st this year), which is set up with
 Channel virgins in mind. Are you in the Europa club? If not I strongly reco
mmend it, also you will find a wealth of relevant info & what I like to feel
 is the best aviation weather page on the club site (www.theeuropaclub.org).
 You are welcome to give me a ring if you have specific queries -  number on
 club website & in club magazine (Europa Flyer).

>> Regards, David Joyce, GXSDJ, Club Trips organiser
>>

>>> On 2016-03-08 10:10, Glenn Perry wrote:
>>>

>>> Hello everybody,
>>>
>>> Im new to the Europa and the forum. I hope to be heading to France in a f
ew weeks and was looking for some advice regarding an entry Airport. I will b
e crossing around Lydd as that is where the channel in the narrowest. I need
 to gain more confidence in the plane before going further over water.
>>> Where would you suggest I clear customs/Immigration into France, bearing
 in mind that I speak no French? Any advise would be most appreciated.