Europa-List: Re: Heavy duty starter for Rotax 914

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Heavy duty starter for Rotax 914
From: Roland <schmidtroland@web.de>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2015 23:51:12

Bonjour Gilles,

I think my kick back Problem is typical for a broken (worn out?) sprag clutch
(that's
also what Rotax suspects). The LiFePo battery is very strong and I think
this Problem should be solved with a new sprag clutch.

However the long wiring between the battery and the starter is far from ideal,
so I'll change it on this occasion as well.

The idea of the heavy duty starter arised, because the engine/starter has 650
hrs
now and the engine has to be taken out anyway. Plus the cables should not be
longer than 50 cm, which would be the case with the new battery position. So
just nice to have, but certainly unnecessary.

What I've learned by now is, that several feasible approaches to the problem
exist
- and, that I'm not the only one having it :-)

Salut
Roland
PH-ZTI
XS TG 914