RE: Europa-List: Re: Charging System

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Re: Charging System
From: Greg Fuchs <gregoryf.flyboy@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2015 06:26:25

Alan,
I would tend to agree with Richard that the likelihood is that your problem
is not in the generator but in the wiring or Regulator .
12.8V at cruise is better, and will probably keep the bird in the air, but
it is not quite adequate. If you could let us know your overall current
usage, that would help decide if the generator/regulator is close to its
power output limit.

Richard-or anrman, you tried 4 new Regulators, WOW! Why did they not work
for you, and was it related to the 5 Cycle/second current pulses? (I will
need to get a new one at some point). Interesting point about the analog
gauge..

Regards,
Greg