Europa-List: McMinnville, OR, USA Europa Fly In June 12-14

Subject: Europa-List: McMinnville, OR, USA Europa Fly In June 12-14
From: Erich Trombley <erichdtrombley@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 21 May 2015 02:56:38
Hi all,

Wish I could join you all at McMinnville. I will be traveling to Vancouv
er, BC that Sunday on business
will probably overfly the airport while sitting in coach.  Anyway, I fle
w to McMinnville a
couple of years ago in my Europa with some fellow RV hombuilders.  We ha
d a great time!  The museums are top notch.

Spent a full day between the two venues and wished I had more time. Ther
e is also an impressive array

of static displays outside.  I didn't have a chance to try out the water
 park, although it did look

really cool.  Our group flew over to Redmond and we dropped in on Lancai
r.  The gave a great tour, consider
most of the staff was at OSH that week.

Enjoy,
Erich Trombley
N28ET Classic Mono 914

Please join us at the West Coast Europa Fly-In, the weekend of June 12
14, inMcMinnville, OR (KMMV).  Plan to arrive Friday, where well hang ou
t at the FBO (Cirrus Aviation), admireeveryones Europa, and have a chanc
e to meet and chat.  Weve arranged for discounted tickets to both the Ev
ergreen Museum and the indoor water park http://evergreenmuseum.org/ whi
ch features a 747 on the rooftop with waterslides out each of the four e
xits of the aircraft down to the pool.  Supposed to be very cool!  It pr
obably makes the most sense to do that Saturday, since they estimate 3 h
ours for the aviation museum, 2 hours for the space museum & as much wat
er time as you can handle.  The water park also has educational exhibits
 and several pools.  Standard fees are $25 for the museums ($24 senior r
ate) and $32 for the water park, and these are discounted to $18 & $22 (
$40 for both) if we have at least 15 people.  Well have a catered BBQ di
nner Saturday at the airport.Other options for activities in the area in
clude visiting the town of McMinnville,touring Williamette Valley wine c
ountry and visiting the Oregon shoreline.  The FBO has reserved a block
of rooms at the nearby Comfort Inn, at a better ratethan we could get in
dividually.  We will rent a vehicle so we can shuttle peopleback and for
th, and the Museum also operates a shuttle both to the airportand the ho
tel.Feel free to pass this on to anyone you know who might be interested
.Please contact us at butcher43@att.net as soon as possible if you plan
(or evenjust hope) to attend so we have preliminary numbers to share wit
h the FBO, hotel,caterer and museum.  We'll flesh out the details, inclu
ding reservation information, as we have them. Looking forward to seeing
 you! Jim & Heather ButcherN241BW
Old School Yearbook Pics
View Class Yearbooks Online Free. Search by School & Year. Look Now!
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/555d499540cb49940cadst03vuc