Re: Europa-List: McMinnville, OR, USA Europa Fly In June 12-14

Subject: Re: Europa-List: McMinnville, OR, USA Europa Fly In June 12-14
From: Pete <peterz@zutrasoft.com>
Date: Mon, 18 May 2015 16:14:02

Dang! Sounds like fun!  I really need to get going on my Europa to stop missing
these :-)

Cheers!
Pete
a239

> On May 18, 2015, at 3:42 PM, h&amp;jeuropa <butcher43@att.net> wrote:
>

> Please join us at the West Coast Europa Fly-In, the weekend of June 12  14, in
McMinnville, OR (KMMV).

> Plan to arrive Friday, where well hang out at the FBO (Cirrus Aviation),
> admire
everyones Europa, and have a chance to meet and chat.

> Weve arranged for discounted tickets to both the Evergreen Museum and the
> indoor water park http://evergreenmuseum.org/ which features a 747 on the
> rooftop with waterslides out each of the four exits of the aircraft down to
> the pool.  Supposed to be very cool!  It probably makes the most sense to do
> that Saturday, since they estimate 3 hours for the aviation museum, 2 hours
> for the space museum & as much water time as you can handle.  The water park
> also has educational exhibits and several pools.  Standard fees are $25 for
> the museums ($24 senior rate) and $32 for the water park, and these are
> discounted to $18 & $22 ($40 for both) if we have at least 15 people.
>
> Well have a catered BBQ dinner Saturday at the airport.
>
> Other options for activities in the area include visiting the town of
> McMinnville,
touring Williamette Valley wine country and visiting the Oregon shoreline.

> The FBO has reserved a block of rooms at the nearby Comfort Inn, at a better
rate than we could get individually.  We will rent a vehicle so we can shuttle
people back and forth, and the Museum also operates a shuttle both to the
airport
and the hotel.

> Feel free to pass this on to anyone you know who might be interested.
>
> Please contact us at butcher43@att.net as soon as possible if you plan (or
> even
just hope) to attend so we have preliminary numbers to share with the FBO,
hotel, caterer and museum.

> We'll flesh out the details, including reservation information, as we have
> them.
 Looking forward to seeing you!