Re: Europa-List: Re: Compressing Rubber Mounts

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Compressing Rubber Mounts
From: GRAHAM SINGLETON <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2015 07:30:24
Jonathanthe rubber mounts on the Classic were not "Lord", unless supplied b
y Rotax. The ones that came with the Classic were much harder. rubber. They
 came from a different supplier.
Graham

     On Monday, 20 April 2015, 7:04, JonSmith <jonsmitheuropa@tiscali.co.uk
> wrote:

k>

Hi Martin, I remember having the exact problem you describe when I built mi
ne - the uncompressed assembly being longer then the bl@@dy bolts!
I seem to remember assembling and compressing the mounts in a vice off the
aircraft with the nuts and bolts, binding them tightly with locking wire, r
emoving the bolts, assembling onto the aircraft, snipping the locking wire
off then finally tightening them permanently.=C2- (Then finding the whole
 things got to come off again for something else....!).=C2- Took a while
to perfect the technique and doubtless most other people have got a far mor
e elegant method.....!

--------
G-TERN
Classic Mono

Read this topic online here:

S -
 -
=C2- =C2- =C2- =C2- =C2- -Matt Dralle, List Admin.