Europa-List: Re: Compressing Rubber Mounts

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Compressing Rubber Mounts
From: JonSmith <jonsmitheuropa@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2015 23:02:02

Hi Martin, I remember having the exact problem you describe when I built mine -
the uncompressed assembly being longer then the bl@@dy bolts!
I seem to remember assembling and compressing the mounts in a vice off the
aircraft
with the nuts and bolts, binding them tightly with locking wire, removing
the bolts, assembling onto the aircraft, snipping the locking wire off then
finally
tightening them permanently.  (Then finding the whole things got to come
off again for something else....!).   Took a while to perfect the technique
and doubtless most other people have got a far more elegant method.....!

--------
G-TERN
Classic Mono

Read this topic online here: