Europa-List: Re: Classic exhaust tubes

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Classic exhaust tubes
From: jonathanmilbank <jdmilbank@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2015 16:01:42

pete@lawless.info. Pete, thanks for the address and contact details, which I'll
keep for future reference. Everyone else please also accept my thanks for
the benefit of your knowledge and expertise.
After flying for about 10 hours with two narrow metal straps connecting the
sides
of the silencer solidly to the lower engine bearer frame bolts and finding
that switching off the engine was somewhat harsher than before (tooth-rattling
clang/thud), I've now substituted the metal straps with two very strong
micro-light
(USA ultralight) exhaust springs, pulled to about 20lbs tension each side.
Hopefully this compromise will make the silencer exert less stress on the
exhaust
tubes and not be so harsh when stopping the engine. Only time will tell whether
this suspension method results in fewer cracked tube flanges.

Read this topic online here: