Re: Europa-List: Re: Classic exhaust tubes

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Classic exhaust tubes
From: Pete Lawless <pete@lawless.info>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2015 10:02:02

Hi Jonathan

I did not notice any difference in the position of the silencer box.

Contact is Chris Piper who is very helpful.
http://www.cktengineering.com

4ab Hartnoll Business Centre
Post Hill
Tiverton
Devon, UK
EX16 4NG

e-mail: chrispiper@cktengineering.com
Skype: chris.piper1
T [00 44] (0)1884 242211
F [00 44] (0)1884 250500

I don't have a record of cost, but I think it was over 200.

Regards

Pete

On 10/01/15 09:25, jonathanmilbank wrote:

> Pete. Great for me to get a quick response. I don't know if you're aware of
> this
history, but John Tye builder #1 asked for the silencer to hang a little lower
and so after my stainless silencer was returned from having stainless tubes
fitted to replace the original mild ones, it too hung a little lower. I wasn't
made aware of this and the silencer's heat scorched my cowl, which necessitated
repairs back in 1998 if I recall correctly.

> Anyhow my question is whether you found that CTK Engineering's replacement
> tubes
caused your silencer to hang differently. Also I'd be grateful if you could
provide me with their contact details and an idea of the price you paid for
the 4 stainless tubes, if possible.

> By the way I still think that the Classic front end looks more stylish than
> the
XS and my only concern with it is the necessity to remove the engine in order
to gain access to the starter motor. After converting to tricycle legs, I
sometimes
wonder whether the XS bottom engine cowl is any easier to remove and
get past the nose wheel leg. I have to wrap the leg and two propeller blades in
padding to protect it and the cowl.