Europa-List: Re: Classic exhaust tubes

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Classic exhaust tubes
From: jonathanmilbank <jdmilbank@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2015 01:25:09

Pete. Great for me to get a quick response. I don't know if you're aware of this
history, but John Tye builder #1 asked for the silencer to hang a little lower
and so after my stainless silencer was returned from having stainless tubes
fitted to replace the original mild ones, it too hung a little lower. I wasn't
made aware of this and the silencer's heat scorched my cowl, which necessitated
repairs back in 1998 if I recall correctly.

Anyhow my question is whether you found that CTK Engineering's replacement tubes
caused your silencer to hang differently. Also I'd be grateful if you could
provide me with their contact details and an idea of the price you paid for the
4 stainless tubes, if possible.

By the way I still think that the Classic front end looks more stylish than the
XS and my only concern with it is the necessity to remove the engine in order
to gain access to the starter motor. After converting to tricycle legs, I
sometimes
wonder whether the XS bottom engine cowl is any easier to remove and get
past the nose wheel leg. I have to wrap the leg and two propeller blades in
padding to protect it and the cowl.

Regards,

Jonathan

Read this topic online here: