Europa-List: Re: Fuselage join

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Fuselage join
From: rparigoris <rparigor@suffolk.lib.ny.us>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2015 17:09:33

Hi Group

As far as the fuse seam joint: "awe, just screw it"!

I used Clecos for a gazillion on and offs, but screws that captured very nice.

I detailed my top bond on, could save a bunch of bullets in your foot:
http://www.europaowners.org/main.php?g2_itemId=35521
(3 pages)

There are more notes than this so study pics and my notes. Here are a few:
** pay attention for need to trim sternpost (easy to overlook)
** as I noted use enough fasteners, you can see recovery (I found out when I cut
vent hole)
** my kit was missing foam and second layer of glass on the inboard side, so I
added foam and glass
** My fin ribs fit terrible, so I mutilated and made them fit
** poor fit starboard side corner fixed by "dolphin" repair

Good luck.
Top bond on was a fun part of build! Enjoy.
Sincerely
Ron Parigoris

Read this topic online here: