Re: Europa-List: Resin Systems

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Resin Systems
From: Pete <peterz@zutrasoft.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2014 16:01:12

Here in Canada/USA we use aeropoxy as supplied by the Europa dealer at the time.

Fwiw,
Cheers,
Pete a239

> On Nov 4, 2014, at 3:46 PM, "Richard Collings" <rcollings@talktalk.net> wrote:
>

> Hi Tony
> That was quick let me know if you want any other dimensions.
> The Europa build in England is only approved using SP Gurit Ampreg 21 which
> replaced
Ampreg 20 in 2010.
> According to an Ampreg 21 leaflet I have on file, they have an office supplier
at Unit 1A/81 Bassett Street, Mona Vale, 2103 NSW,Australia. Tel+61 [0] 2 9979
7248 Email sales-au@gurit.com
> I would be very sure before using anything other than an approved system.
> By the way Ampreg 21 is horrible stuff nowhere near as easy to use as 20, but
was introduced to satisfy Health & Safety !
> Regards
> Richard
> -----Original Message----- From: Tony Renshaw
> Sent: Tuesday, November 4, 2014 7:44 PM
> To: europa-list@matronics.com
> Subject: Europa-List: Resin Systems
>

> Giddy,
> I have been using West Systems for non structural areas of late, and had the
opportunity to speak to a Long Eze expert at Chino, LA. He told me that he
wouldn't
use West Systems for structure, and I recall that is reflected in the ACS
manual. Other than SP Systems which is not available in Australia, to,clarify
the original,SP20 is superseded and even though it has a picture of a Europa
on their literature, it isn't approved (go figure), I would like a reminder on
other approved Epoxies please.,this fellow swore by EZ Epoxy. Any advice much
appreciated. The West Systems has a greater viscosity, a shorter pot life, and
doesn't wet out as much.