Europa-List: Re: Mod 60 Europa Fuel Gauge

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Mod 60 Europa Fuel Gauge
From: Clive Sutton <clive.maf@googlemail.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2014 12:28:08

Hello Alan,
I did MOD60 on my last Europa and used the Airworld capacitance probe bent and
cut to length through a new hole near the RH seat headrest.  3 reasons for
choosing
the capacitance probe:  1) i think it and the supplied gauge are more accurate
than the float type, 2) if i ever got water in the tank the capacitance
gauge would go full scale - so an indication in all circumstances other than
'just filled up with fuel' - that water may be present and 3) i already had the
float type in the LHS of the tank as well - AND the manometer quantity indicator
- so I had several sources of info to cross-check with - yes i'm paranoid
about the shame of inadvertently running out of fuel!  Based on that experience,
if i had to choose one method, I'd choose the capacitance probe.
Clive

Read this topic online here: