Re: Europa-List: Re: In flight noticed the rear door pin out -horror

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: In flight noticed the rear door pin out -horror
From: Fred Klein <fklein@orcasonline.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2014 11:40:37
Pete=85don=92t want to beat a dead horse here, but as you point out if
I=92m flying along and a light goes out, other clues as to what=92s
going on will be obvious. My sole reason for installing the LEDs is to
have an additional confirmation that all is well during preflight
checklist=85F.

On Oct 2, 2014, at 10:23 AM, Pete Lawless <pete@lawless.info> wrote:

> Hi Fred
>
> So you are flying along with 2 green lights and one goes out.  How do
you know if it is an electrical problem or the door shoot bolt not
engaged without a test switch?
> (OK you will get a great blast of air through all the holes in the top
of the tunnel which would give a clue.)

> You can see and feel the passenger shoot bolt with your right hand,
and feel the left seat shoot bolt in place with your left hand.

> Regards
>
> Pete
>
> On 02/10/14 17:31, Fred Klein wrote:

>>> shoot bolts that puts a ground on a bright red LED directly in front
of you
>>> on the panel...
>>> And then install a test button to verify that the leds are still
alive.
>>> Complicate cabling AND checklist.
>>
>> With thanks to Raimo Toivio for the design and components, I have
mounted two robust pressure switches which will give me two lit green
LEDs on the panel when the rear shoot bolts for the two doors are
engaged=85no need for test button to ensure system is operational=85really
 quite simple=85I=92ve also fabbed tabs on both doors which are located
so that pilot can reach to ensure firm closure w/o relying on
passenger=85nonetheless: Checklists Rule !!