Re: Europa-List: Cranked sticks.........unusual crease, like a crack

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Cranked sticks.........unusual crease, like a crack
From: Roger Sheridan <rogersheridan@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2014 10:47:28

Hi Tony,

My sticks are unpainted, uncreased & uncracked.
I would be looking to change that based on your final photo.

Brgds,

Roger
On 26 Sep 2014, at 04:33, Tony Renshaw <tonyrenshaw268@gmail.com> wrote:

> Gidday, again,
> With my cranked control sticks, I stripped them of paint and inspected them to
notice a distinct crease where the beginning of the crank occurs. It is on the
inner edge, and appears to be the inner point of a bend, at the end of a vice
gripped section, as the bend is made by pulling towards the operator, if in
fact it was done in a vice, which I very much doubt. So, the actual radius of
the bends looks fine, but on the inner portion of a ben, on the ends of the
central
straight sections between the bends, there is what appears to be cracks.
There is no doubt they are manufacturing marks, and I would like to ask if
anyone
else has an unpainted stick, if they could inspect theirs and see if they
are the same. I am not going to paint mine now, but possibly coat them in a
clear polyester coating, like you put on polished floorboards, so I can look
through
it and inspect it from time to time, if in fact I dont get these replaced.
Any help appreciated, and here is a few photos to highlight my concern.
> Regards
> Tony Renshaw
> P.S. You can feel it, and the tube that is of the bend appears a nominally
> thicker
radius, probably bulged from the bending process.