Europa-List: Cranked sticks.........unusual crease, like a crack

Subject: Europa-List: Cranked sticks.........unusual crease, like a crack
From: Tony Renshaw <tonyrenshaw268@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2014 13:33:49
Gidday, again,
With my cranked control sticks, I stripped them of paint and inspected
them to notice a distinct =93crease=94 where the beginning of the crank
occurs. It is on the inner edge, and appears to be the =93inner=94 point
of a bend, at the end of a vice gripped section, as the bend is made by
pulling towards the operator, if in fact it was done in a vice, which I
very much doubt. So, the actual radius of the bends looks fine, but on
the inner portion of a ben, on the ends of the central straight sections
=93between the bends=94, there is what appears to be cracks. There is no
doubt they are manufacturing marks, and I would like to ask if anyone
else has an unpainted stick, if they could inspect theirs and see if
they are the same. I am not going to paint mine now, but possibly coat
them in a clear polyester coating, like you put on polished floorboards,
so I can look through it and inspect it from time to time, if in fact I
don=92t get these replaced. Any help appreciated, and here is a few
photos to highlight my concern.
Regards
Tony Renshaw
P.S. You can feel it, and the tube that is of the bend appears a
nominally thicker radius, probably bulged from the bending process.