Re: Europa-List: Rod Ends Continued

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Rod Ends Continued
From: Alex Kaarsberg <kaarsberg@terra.com.br>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2014 03:07:38

Tony,

Looks definitely like a tool mark from the die used in the bending process.
Not pretty but passed inspection at Europa, one could assume...
Rod end adjustment being equal at both ends is the neatest way of starting out,
but not as important as leaving adequate thread engagement, in my opinion.
Leaving
one end not locked might leave you sleepless at night for a long time?

Brgds,

Alex Kaarsberg, kit 529

> On 26/09/2014, at 01:06, Tony Renshaw <tonyrenshaw268@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> Gidday again,
> Sorry to dominate on this thread here, but Ive just realised I can lengthen
> the
pitch pushrods by adjusting the rod end at the front, that I can reach, and
twisting in the correct direction the actual rod such that the aft rod end
unwinds.
This way I can share the adjustment between the two. Granted this will
result in the aft lock nut being free, but I am unsure that this is a real
problem
once both ends are secure. I suppose I should try and get in there to tighten
it up again, but would it matter if I didnt?