Re: Europa-List: anti-corrosion coating of tailwheel spring arm

Subject: Re: Europa-List: anti-corrosion coating of tailwheel spring arm
From: David Joyce <davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2014 18:22:18

Rowland, I suspect it is high tensile steel, but do not
know. My tail spring has lasted for 14 yrs without any
sign of significant corrosion ( & it has flown through
plenty of rain!) with just two pot paint on top of (I
think) acid etch primer. Could get more precise info from
Roger Targett if you like. Regards, David