Europa-List: Classic Cowls and a 914

Subject: Europa-List: Classic Cowls and a 914
From: Erich Trombley <erichdtrombley@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2014 20:11:02
Hi Frank, I have a classic mono with the 914.  It is my understanding th
at the 914 will not fit on the classic engine mount due to conflicts wit
h the turbo/muffler.  As such, I ordered the XS engine mount which moves
 the engine up and forward; making the classic cowl unusable without mod
ification.  I elected to modify my classic cowl which required an additi
onal 4" in length.  This can be accomplished by either adding on to it a
t the cowl flange, or cutting off the nose and reshaping it.  I elected
to go with the latter, primarily since the transition from fuselage to c
owl was already established.  I loped off the front of the cowl and resh
aped it to accommodate a 10" spinner.  I also, elected to utilize the XS
 oil cooler and radiator.  In hind sight probably not the best decision.
  These are mounted in a similar position as the XS.  Regards,Erich Trom
bley N28ETClassic Mono 914
The #1 Worst Carb Ever?
Click to Learn #1 Carb that Kills Your Blood Sugar &#40;Don&#39;t Eat Th
is!&#41;
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/53f652c0b5f952bf06d7st03vuc