Europa-List: Re: anti-corrosion coating of tailwheel spring arm

Subject: Europa-List: Re: anti-corrosion coating of tailwheel spring arm
From: Bill &amp; Sue <Billandsue@billbell.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2014 02:00:52

Rowland,

We had all our metalwork plated/anodised by a firm in Portsmouth who were
excellent
but it was many years ago and there was a (reasonable) minimum charge. I
suspect the trigear legs are similar to the tail spring, on the advice of the
factory and others who know better than I we left the legs alone because of the
(possible) issues of embrittlement. I strongly suspect you would get a perfectly
satisfactory indistinguishable result and sleep easier at night if you just
paint them.

Regards

Bill

Read this topic online here: