RE: Europa-List: Stick Grips NOW TRIM MOTOR AND RELAY DECK.

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Stick Grips NOW TRIM MOTOR AND RELAY DECK.
From: Bob Harrison <ptag.dev@talktalk.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2014 16:51:37
Hi! William.

The question initially has revolved around the length of the control
stick and loads needed when out of maximum trim.

My issue was nothing to do with the trim motor, however in your position
you should plan the securing of it so that you would be able to remove
it in an unlikely eventuality of failure because when the top is on it
is a bastard to access.   However recently there was much chat about the
plastic  clevises needing 1/8=9D removed from their threaded ends
before linking them with the brass threaded rod to facilitate more
movement of the trim and stabilators on final inspection.( Hopefully you
picked up on that ?)

My trim reversal problem was not to do with the trim motor but the relay
deck it had an inherent fault which became masked once the motor had
travelled to full trim and I had numerous major debates with the
Menzemer chaps always culminating in them alleging my wiring was at
fault. Until one day I had yet another event and when I contacted them I
discovered that they were now supplying the MARK II relay deck which is
faultless but of different shape also making it an arse to shift things
around on the back of the panel.

You need to shout out on the Europa Club pages as to how many others
have had this problem and then probably =9Cbite the
bullet=9D and get the MARK II fitted and done with it.

Regards

Bob Harrison G-PTAG