Re: Europa-List: Zero lift

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Zero lift
From: GRAHAM SINGLETON <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2014 15:09:51
Fergus=0Ayou flying yet? Don't leave it too late like I did!=0AGraham=0A=0A
=0A=0A=0A________________________________=0A From: "f.kyle@sympatico.ca" <f
.kyle@sympatico.ca>=0ATo: '5EUROPALIST ' <europa-list@matronics.com> =0ASen
t: Monday, 12 May 2014, 15:02=0ASubject: Europa-List: Zero lift=0A =0A=0A
=0ACheers,=0AI enjoy the discussion of stall and warning ( the two are quit
e different) but suggest a trip in Wikipedia to either stall warning, angle
 of attack OR zero lift.=0AMy device is relatively simple, measures the flo
w over the wing AT the wing, and calculates the angle above zero lift angle
 to determine the point at which a warning is due. It is imperfect unless t
he yaw is zero, and the gust factor is low, among several other things.=0AB
ecause it is based upon the naval flyer=99s use of AoA almost exclusi
vely for carrier approaches, I believe it is worth investigating. The l1011
=99s use of =98alpha=99 angle for approach made it an ent
=======