Re: Europa-List: Airspeed static ports.

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Airspeed static ports.
From: Tony Renshaw <tonyrenshaw268@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2014 15:07:05

Hi Fran's,
I expect the pressure in the aft fuselage might be more representative than
cockpit
pressure, which is why my plan was to pick it up back behind the baggage
bay, near the flap cross tube. I have wondered about plumbing a standby pitot
static to the cockpit, but have wondered if I can make it a split system static.
We have a similar system with multiple statics for the one system on bigger
aircraft, albeit they measure ambient, for obvious reasons.
These fittings do work well though in my superficial testing, and leak of static
---From the fitting is a bit of an irrelevance, since we are talking about more
a static equalization pressure tube more than anything. Believe it or not I have
this Nylaflow? Tubing, the hard walled opaque stuff from ACS, and it makes
an excellent push to fit. I am tempted to use the 3/8" OD inside a 3/8" ID
joiner,
and just push them together. Very un-aviation, but if you've ever done it,
you'll appreciate how hard they are to pull apart, and no vibration is going
to do it.
Regards
Tony Renshaw

Sent from my iPad