Europa-List: Zero lift

Subject: Europa-List: Zero lift
From: f.kyle@sympatico.ca
Date: Mon, 12 May 2014 10:02:06
Cheers,

I enjoy the discussion of stall and warning ( the two are quite different)
but suggest a trip in Wikipedia to either stall warning, angle of attack OR
zero lift.

My device is relatively simple, measures the flow over the wing AT the wing,
and calculates the angle above zero lift angle to determine the point at
which a warning is due. It is imperfect unless the yaw is zero, and the gust
factor is low, among several other things.

Because it is based upon the naval flyer's use of AoA almost exclusively for
carrier approaches, I believe it is worth investigating. The l1011's use of
'alpha' angle for approach made it an entirely different machine - in many
ways.

Ferg C-FFGG