Re: Europa-List: Itching to get to Ireland

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Itching to get to Ireland
From: David Joyce <davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2014 15:52:51

Graeme, I have thoroughly enjoyed visiting Eglinton/Derry.
Pleasant people, good restaurant, spectacular coast
nearby, Giants Causeway to visit on the way there. Also
enjoyed Newtownards for easy access to Belfast. Had looked
forward to Weston for trip into Dublin, but weather
intervened. Have visited Cork, but do NOT recommend it.
(expensive & inconvenient). If you are prepared to make it
more than a day I strongly recommend Galway and excursions
out to the Arran Islands, looking at Alcock & Brown's
landing site, etc.
         You certainly need a GAR form which needs to go
customs and to Police. The requirements are complex and I
suggest looking at:
www.gov.uk/government/publications/general-aviation-operators-and-pilots-notification-of-flights
where you will find latest regs. Regards, David Joyce,
G-XSDJ