Re: Europa-List: Belgian airspace

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Belgian airspace
From: David Joyce <davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2014 14:48:51

Dave, I have flown along the Belgian coast at least 20
times with others or  solo and there has never been a
problem. This infers that ATC quite rightly have no
interest in querying whether you have all your paperwork
in place and that you will probably get away with it.
However if you have an incident the Belgian CAA will come
into play and would no doubt hold it against you that you
have not asked their permission and paid 88 euros for the
privilege. You pays your money (or not!) and takes your
choice! Personally having refused to pay the last demand
(for a brief visit to Waterloo on a Charity flight) I now
avoid Belgian airspace altogether.
       Regards, David Joyce