Re: Europa-List: Nicopress Squeezes Using Aviation Approved Squeezer....

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Nicopress Squeezes Using Aviation Approved Squeezer......comments
From: Lance Sandford <sandford@melbpc.org.au>
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2014 12:02:29
 requested .

Tony

The beam is part of a sash clamp I used for making window frames many
years ago.
I set it in the nearest hole to give me the weight I required and
adjusted the rest with the much under used weights from my barbell, then
carefully lowered the jack and kept my fingers crossed.
Im sure a Man of your ability can do the maths for whatever you have
available.
The check is 60% of 700 lbs for 3 minutes I think, but read the document.
Incidentally, the breaking strain of a well made Nicopress is about 1.5
times the minimum breaking strain of the cable hence I only used one on
the ends of my cables.
I was hoping to be flying by mid year until my neighbour conned me into
helping lay 160 meters of concrete during our 30 Degree, 70% humidity
days, which has slowed build progress a couple of Months.

Lance

On 01/03/14 11:12, Tony Renshaw wrote:

> Hi Lance,
> Thanks for responding. That looks a great tester. With the various holes, did
you do the maths to calculate and what is the formula you use?
> Good setup. I am impressed. I believe you are close to flying. Is that right?
> TR.
>

> Sent from my iPad
>
>> On 1 Mar 2014, at 11:46 am, Lance Sandford <sandford@melbpc.org.au> wrote:
>>
>> Tony
>>
>> The final proof is in the testing.
>>
>> AC43-13-1b chapter 7 gives a chart and testing procedure.
>> Attached is a picture of  my cable test rig.
>> When I was doing the actual test I had a large ladder between myself and the
victim. If they break they can go with a bang.

>> Regards
>>
>> Lance Sandford
>>

>>> On 28/02/14 20:41, Tony Renshaw wrote:
>>> Gidday,
>>> Ive attached 2 photos of my Nicopress squeezes, and 1 of the jaws of the
>>> tool.
Any input gratefully received.