Re: Europa-List: Ducati rectifier/regulators ... a different perspective

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Ducati rectifier/regulators ... a different perspective
From: David Joyce <davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2014 19:13:50

Nigel, Fascinating and impressively erudite. You have
totally convinced me that the way all new builders should
go is with a Mofset bit of kit. However my personal
solution is to take  the odd Ducatti at sale price off
anyone not planning to fit them and fly with a spare! In
1000hrs I have had one failure. That was inconveniently
1/3 way between Holland and Clacton, but there was enough
juice in the battery to get me all the way home with a bit
of thoughtful systems management. I currently fly with
Rowland's spurned new Ducatti in my spares department
under pax seat, but am prepared to offer a modest price
for another unwanted Ducatti!
     Regards, David