Re: Europa-List: Re: Mod 7 flight ready

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Mod 7 flight ready
From: Alan Twigg <alan.twigg775@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2013 17:17:08
[image: Inline image 1]I am so pleased Dave is flying. I set myself a
task,over the Christmas holidays, of fitting my newly modified (Mod 78)
wings on the fuselage for the first time.
Bushes bonded in and cured I moved on swiftly to align the wings only to
find the Port wing seeming to be 1" further forward at the reference point
than the Starboard wing. This means that the gap for the new front right
mount will not even take the mount let alone the layups, the rear right gap
is correspondingly too much. The right wing sits really well both bush gaps
as expected.
I have tied the wings forward to ensure no rearwards movement of the spars.
I have had my remote camera in to cross check.
I have a grave fear that my port spar has sagged but cannot work out how.
I suppose a shim on the port spar inner bush front face will cure this, can
any one think of something else, I have rigged and de rigged 4 times with
different helpers.
Alan Twigg
kit 463 and full of dread.