Re: Europa-List: Alternative fuel tank mounting?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Alternative fuel tank mounting?
From: hagargs <hagargs@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2013 05:49:21

Andrew;
If I were to do it over again I would form several brackets or pockets of formed
fiberglass to hold the tank in place but not be bonded to the tank.  Look at
the corners of the tank by the tunnel.  Brackets formed there would be very
stiff
because of the 90 degree angle. Forming a contour along the module at the
radiused edge of the tank would give lateral support. I also thought that
bonding
some aluminum angle to the module where the top of the tank's ledge would
rest on would be good to inhibit forward and back rocking movements. That foam
as a compliant surface is right on the mark where anything touches the tank.
All edges of any brackets should be radiused away from the tank so that the edge
is pointed away from the tank,

Steve Hagar
A143  Mesa AZ