Re: Europa-List: One wing Low

Subject: Re: Europa-List: One wing Low
From: Tony Renshaw <tonyrenshaw268@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2013 17:37:12

For what it's worth, I think you could have one wingtip inches ahead/behind the
other and if the angle of incidence was the same on both, there would be
negligible
roll. Remember that the wing that is more aft is still producing in essence
the same amount of lift. A smart bunny might be able to work it out but there
just isn't anything in it. To move any primary structure now would be an
immense gig. There has tobe other tweaks.
Tony R.

Sent from my iPad

> On 5 Dec 2013, at 2:46 pm, "AirEupora" <AirEupora@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>

> I have been trying to figure out why my airplane flies One Wing Low on the
> left
wing.
> I have tried a number of things to see if I could get the wing up. Bud
> suggested
that I tape a couple of pencils to the opposite Aileron and that helped, but
not help that much.

> I have lower the flap on the left and that has helped in the cruise flight,
> but
as soon as I slow down the wing well drop. I have attached a couple of picture
showing the aileron that I need for cruise flight.

> When I installed the W26A I took pictures of both wings showing 2.5 degrees.
I also took picture of the string across the wings tips.
> Yesterday, I took measurement of the wings using a 'T"-square. The measure
> show
that the wing is installed very close as I also took measurement off another
Europa in the hangar.
> My measurements were as follows:
> Left Tip             F/A           Root     Root          F/A
 Tip
> 8                  8 7/16     8 7/8"   9 1/2"       8 1/2"             8 1/4"

> F/A stand for mid wing where flaps and aileron come together.
> I then took measurement from the tail plane tips to the aileron tip break out.
133 and 131  maybe 7/8.
> I took an inside measurement from the fuselage tail plane leading edge to the
aileron break out of 165 7/8 and 165

> Im thinking that I might place a shim in the left W26A and move the wing
> forward.
The inch that it seems is out.
> Id like to hear from you your thoughts regarding what I might do to correct
> it.
> One other thing, I weight 250lbs.  I have put sand bags up to 150lbs in the
> right
seat.  It did not help with my problem.