Europa-List: One wing Low

Subject: Europa-List: One wing Low
From: AirEupora <AirEupora@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2013 20:46:20

I have been trying to figure out why my airplane flies One Wing Low on the left
wing.
I have tried a number of things to see if I could get the wing up. Bud suggested
that I tape a couple of pencils to the opposite Aileron and that helped, but
not help that much.

I have lower the flap on the left and that has helped in the cruise flight, but
as soon as I slow down the wing well drop. I have attached a couple of picture
showing the aileron that I need for cruise flight.

When I installed the W26A I took pictures of both wings showing 2.5 degrees. I
also took picture of the string across the wings tips.
Yesterday, I took measurement of the wings using a 'T"-square. The measure show
that the wing is installed very close as I also took measurement off another
Europa in the hangar.
My measurements were as follows:
Left Tip             F/A           Root     Root          F/A
Tip
8                  8 7/16     8 7/8"   9 1/2"       8 1/2"             8 1/4"

F/A stand for mid wing where flaps and aileron come together.
I then took measurement from the tail plane tips to the aileron tip break out.
133 and 131  maybe 7/8.
I took an inside measurement from the fuselage tail plane leading edge to the
aileron
break out of 165 7/8 and 165

Im thinking that I might place a shim in the left W26A and move the wing
forward.
The inch that it seems is out.
Id like to hear from you your thoughts regarding what I might do to correct it.
One other thing, I weight 250lbs.  I have put sand bags up to 150lbs in the
right
seat.  It did not help with my problem.

Read this topic online here:

Attachments: