RE: Europa-List: Mono dolly

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Mono dolly
From: Richard Churchill-Coleman <Richard.ChurchillColeman@sky.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Dec 2013 18:09:17

Many thanks David

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-europa-list-server@matronics.com
[mailto:owner-europa-list-server@matronics.com] On Behalf Of David Joyce
Sent: 01 December 2013 16:25

Richard, Yes. photo of the build sage attached.
Essentially I made an outline pattern by cutting a longitudinal midline (of the
seat well) partition and two transverse partitions, analogous to the partitions
you can see in the tank. I sellotaped them together to insure that I could
get the resultant solid shape in and out. The  base is a 5 layer bid splash
moulding
of the seat pan with the edges turned up vertically for a couple of inches.
The sides are of high quality foam with 3 layers bid outside and 2 inside
all the joints are made with flox going about 1cm into each panel edge then
covered
with tapes of same nos of bid in and out. There is a small sump at the
back of the system, and also a recess for the starboard spar pin. All partitions
are vented at their tops and bottoms. It works with a syphoning system that
I bought from Europa - designed for their long range tank.
It is retained by the seat belts with  extra multiple loop straps around the top
and front, calculated to resist 10g in any direction.
Flow rates demonstrated to exceed max 914 consumption. I had previously by the
way left a bit of bid/foam/bid panel in avgas & mogas for some weeks without
being
able to detect any sort of degradation.
           Regards, David