Re: Europa-List: Mono dolly

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Mono dolly
From: Kevin Klinefelter <klinefelter.kevin@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Dec 2013 06:57:59

Yes, thanks for sharing.
Kevin
Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 1, 2013, at 5:54 AM, Michel AUVRAY <mau11@free.fr> wrote:

> Hello David,
> Many thanks for your document it is very interesting.
> I was made one.
>
> Michel AUVRAY
> F-PFGT 145
>
> Le 01/12/2013 14:24, David Joyce a crit :
>>
>> For Michel and anyone else interested,  I attach a brief description of my
>> dolly
which has proved very satisfactory for plane handling, working on the
undercarriage
and for transport in a covered trailer. It was made originally for
another mono, but when he converted to a trike I bought the trailer and fitted
captive nuts to my plane by simply drilling through the existing bolt holes in
the dolly and then bonding in nuts and largish washers on the inside of the
fuselage together with a bit of appropriate local strengthening. As far as I can
see none of the measurements are particularly critical although of course the
fibreglass bearing surfaces need to be nicely matched to the fuselage. Having
said that you do need to design it so that you can get it underneath the plane
in its normal wings on position. Can send further views + measurements if
anyone is keen to pursue it.