Re: Europa-List: Original Sight Gauge Replication

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Original Sight Gauge Replication
From: Jan de Jong <jandejong@casema.nl>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2013 21:17:32

What has always puzzled me.
According to the specifications of the sensor the uncertainty in the
initial zero offset is +/- about 25 % of our full scale of 0.5 psi (35
cm of water). Which in the general case would require a generous bias
(using an opamp) to the output of the instrumentation amplifier.
Ofcourse, maybe Honeywell is way too pessimistic in its specification.
Tony K must have decided so?

Jan de Jong