FW: IMC training in Europa [was: Re: Europa-List: Re: Sub Panels....than

Subject: FW: IMC training in Europa [was: Re: Europa-List: Re: Sub Panels....thanks]
From: Brian Davies <bdavies@dircon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2013 17:53:17

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian Davies [mailto:brian.davies@clara.co.uk]
Sent: 14 October 2013 16:33
Subject: RE: IMC training in Europa [was: Re: Europa-List: Re: Sub
Panels....thanks]

LAA Technical Leaflet 2.09 says

Initial Licence or Rating

2. An owner may receive remunerated (or un-remunerated) flight training
towards an initial licence or rating in his own LAA aircraft provided he is
a 'sole' owner and not part of a group ownership. (Direct family members of
the owner's immediate family are also acceptable).
3. The solo part of the PPL syllabus can be carried out in a single seat LAA
aircraft as long as the aircraft is similar to that being used for dual
instruction, is suitably equipped, and the instructor is satisfied that it
is compatible with accepted flight training practices.
4. 'Simulated' instrument training as required by the PPL syllabus, and
training towards the IMC or IR(R) rating is acceptable in a LAA aircraft
provided it is suitably equipped.
5. Examination, as required by the PPL syllabus, may be carried out in a LAA
aircraft, but only if un-remunerated. The aircraft must also be suitably
equipped.

In order to get a further interpretation of this situation I have asked Jon
Cooke the Chairman of the LAA Pilot Coaching scheme to comment further.  I
will post his reply as soon as it arrives.

Brian Davies
LAA board member