Europa-List: Re: Sub Panels....thanks

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Sub Panels....thanks
From: Alan Carter <alancarteresq@onetel.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2013 09:13:36

Hi.
Is this it.
I am still not sure, never been good at wording.
Under Note.
It appears to say to me you can't do any initial rating.
Anyone is that correct, just a simple yes or No then I can forget about it.

.4.1 A General Exemption (ORS4 No. 802) and a Permission (ORS4 No. 803) have
been
issued to allow owners of a jointly-owned private
aircraft operating under a Permit to Fly to pay for instruction in their
aircraft
with the following conditions and limitations:
a. The exemption does not apply to gyroplanes or ex-military aircraft.
b. The person undergoing the training must hold a licence that entitles them to
act as pilot in command of the aircraft or would entitle
them except that they need to fly with an instructor to obtain a Certificate of
Test, Experience or Revalidation and the purpose
of the flight is to gain such a certificate.
c. The aircraft must be owned or operated by or under arrangements entered into
with a flying club, of which the person giving the
instruction and the person receiving the instruction are both members.
4.4.2 Therefore, owners of jointly owned non-EASA aircraft operating under a
Permit
to Fly can pay for training in their aircraft provided
that the conditions in paragraph 4.4.1 have been met.
Note: Training for the initial issue of an NPPL, PPL, CPL, IMC Rating,
Instrument
Rating or other 'ab initio' training is not permitted. The
intention is to allow individuals to pay for training that enables them to
regain
currency, renew a licence, learn a new skill (such as
short field landings) or become familiar with a new type etc.

Read this topic online here: