RE: Europa-List: ADI on android

Subject: RE: Europa-List: ADI on android
From: Frans Veldman <frans@privatepilots.nl>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2013 09:06:42
If they have no GPS coupling they probably self correct by assuming that you are
flying straight and level most of the time and average the input. Which may
seem the correct thing to do but in real IMC it may be possible that you very
slowly divert into a bad attitude and the AI adapts to it so it doesn't show you
that things are not going so good.
Some of the Android and iPad implementations are written by non-pilots and are
essentially a bubble level bar but with a AI picture on it.
Anyway I would surely investigate how the AI corrects for the drift. If they
claim
the unit has zero drift they are lying.

Frans