RE: Europa-List: ADI on android

Subject: RE: Europa-List: ADI on android
From: Frans Veldman <frans@privatepilots.nl>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2013 00:27:42
Most of these things are a joke. They measure the direction of gravity so on the
ground they appear to work, but while pulling G's they show the wrong thing.
Even when implemented correctly you have the problem that solid state gyros have
a very high drift. They work only a few minutes if they are not corrected
by some external reference, like a GPS signal. And that makes them pretty
useless.

Frans