RE: Europa-List: Airworld fuel gauge sealing - what to use

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Airworld fuel gauge sealing - what to use
From: Bob Harrison <ptag.dev@talktalk.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 20:56:43
Hi! All/Graham,/Roland

Fuel system sealant.

Yes, Graham is right , Hylomar is a product made under licence from Rolls
Royce who developed it, I worked there and it was mandatory  . However it
only requires a very thin but positive film, no globules should be allowed
to be ingested into the live fuel system and definitely allow 10 minutes for
the solvent to evapourate  before assembly of the flanges/ threads. Had some
taken out by my mini Andair gascolator filter mesh  and wondered what it was
for a while.

Regards

Bob Harrison G-PTAG