Europa-List: Airworld fuel gauge sealing - what to use

Subject: Europa-List: Airworld fuel gauge sealing - what to use
From: graeme bird <graeme@gdbmk.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 11:25:55

I fitted the airworld fuel gauge a while back and when the tank is up to the top
of the tube it seeps  at the screw heads and round the top of the tank. I spoke
to airworld and they said to take each screw out and apply some automotive
gasket compound. I brought some fuel resistant hylotyte from hylomar. Has anyone
had a similar experience? The design seems bound to fail as the fuel is surely
going to seep through the threads. Also tightening is going to just crush
the poly tank.

--------
Graeme Bird
G-UMPY