Re: Europa-List: Coms port settings

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Coms port settings
From: Alan Burrill <alanb@dpy01.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2013 12:35:27
Ah now I get it.

NEMA output and then RMC & RMB.

Based on what's used on my Trutak set up.

Speed is 4800

Probable best if you ring or let me know when you next at WAP and I can help
.

Alan

Sent from my iPhone

On 15 Aug 2013, at 12:11, " Peter Jeffers" <pjeffers@talktalk.net> wrote:

> Hi Alan,
> OK my problem is what boxes to tick on the Lowrance setup.
>
> The first page  gives a choice of NMEA output, NMEA input, or NMEA GPS inp
ut.   I presume I should tick the first one ie NMEA output.

> Once you make this choice then you have to CONFIGURE NMEA,  this gives me t
he option of choosing one or more of the following:-   GLL,   RMC & RMB,  GG
A,   GSA & GSV,   or   APB.

> All this leaves me stone cold as I have no idea what any of these options m
ean or refer to.  Have you any thoughts on any of that?

ver@matronics.com] On Behalf Of Alan Burrill
> Sent: 14 August 2013 22:26
> To: europa-list@matronics.com
> Subject: Re: Europa-List: Coms port settings
>
> Peter,
>
> The manual here: http://www.sportys.com/source/slashpages/manuals/2034.pdf

> Appears to quite detailed on Page 82. The only ref to manufacturers is wit
h ref to the wiring for the unit.

> Is it the settings or the wiring?
>

> Alan
> Sent from my iPad
>
> On 13 Aug 2013, at 13:22, " Peter Jeffers" <pjeffers@talktalk.net> wrote:
>
>> Hi Craig,
>> Thanks for that.  I have got the original manual but all it says about th
e settings is that you need to set the send and receive ports according to L
owrance support.  Lowrance support does not support the 2000c any more and h
ave not do so for about three years hence they are useless as far as assista
nce is concerned.

rver@matronics.com] On Behalf Of craig
>> Sent: 13 August 2013 13:08
>> To: europa-list@matronics.com
>> Subject: RE: Europa-List: Coms port settings
>>
>> I have had some success getting workshop manuals etc for older stuff off e
bay, people running the manuals

=========
=========
=========