RE: Europa-List: Coms port settings

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Coms port settings
From: Peter Jeffers <pjeffers@talktalk.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2013 12:11:32
Hi Alan,

OK my problem is what boxes to tick on the Lowrance setup.

The first page  gives a choice of NMEA output, NMEA input, or NMEA GPS
input.   I presume I should tick the first one ie NMEA output.

Once you make this choice then you have to CONFIGURE NMEA,  this gives me
the option of choosing one or more of the following:-   GLL,   RMC & RMB,
GGA,   GSA & GSV,   or   APB.

All this leaves me stone cold as I have no idea what any of these options
mean or refer to.  Have you any thoughts on any of that?

Hopefully

Pete

  _____