Europa-List: Tri-gear Flap Cross Tube Slot Length

Subject: Europa-List: Tri-gear Flap Cross Tube Slot Length
From: Tony Renshaw <tonyrenshaw268@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2013 10:11:44

Gidday,
Building a taildragger version I am not constrained by gear/flap geometry to
determine
the flap I can deploy, since they will be electric. I feel I recall the
tricycle undercarriage versions can deploy 30 degrees of flap and I was
wondering
if someone with that amount could measure the length of their slots as a
guide whilst I remove the fuse material. I don't have the cross tube connected
to the flap motor as yet, and am doing it by sanding the slots incrementally
as I lower the flaps, as I didn't trust myself with the jig I made up. (I'm
getting
tired of fixing my mistakes).
Thanks in advance.
Regards