Europa-List: Re: Is bonding FL16 to fuse a bad idea?

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Is bonding FL16 to fuse a bad idea?
From: rparigoris <rparigor@suffolk.lib.ny.us>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2013 00:14:14

Hi Fred

Thx. for the reply. I think I did a poor job of conveying my idea of Bondoing in
place a positioning point.

In other words what I want to do is bond the FL18P + S to a piece of wood like
you did.

Then I want to get FL18P + S in perfect alignment with the inboard flap hinges
W19s, checking to make sure they are positioned correctly left and right.

I think we are in agreement here.

Now I'm having a hard time figuring out how I can remove the FL18P + S that are
stuck to the piece of wood and get it back to this perfect registration after
gooped up with Redux/flox.

What I'm proposing is when everything is in perfect alignment, sneak the FL16s
in place, being careful to not change the perfect registration, and  bolt the
FL18s to the FL16s, then Bondo the FL16s to the fuse. Now I have the pivot holes
of the FL16s in the perfect position too.

I can then remove the FL18s that are bonded to the piece of wood, goop them up
with Redux /flox, then when I set in place, I will again insert the bolts
between
the FL18s and FL16s and I should have the FL18s in perfect position for the
cure?

I'm just proposing to use the pivot hole of the FL16s Bondoed to the fuse as a
positioning jig. I could do the same thing by bonding in  a piece of metal or
wood, it just that the FL16s happen to have the correct size hole in them
already
and happen to be close at hand. Putting 3M packaging tape on the surface of
FL16s and scuffing the tape makes for a surface that sticks good enough and
makes for EZ clean up.

If you completly understood my proposal and just plain think it's a bad idea,
how
did you make sure your FL18s were in perfect alignment after you gooped them
up with Redux/flox?

My baggage bay is not yet installed, my build partner Wayne is slight, so he is
going to get most of the in the back work to do!

Ron Parigoris

Read this topic online here: