Re: Europa-List: Tri-gear Flap Cross Tube Slot Length

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Tri-gear Flap Cross Tube Slot Length
From: GRAHAM SINGLETON <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2013 10:25:28
Tony=0Adon't use 30 degree flap, Europa tested it and found you are startin
g to lose aileron control at the low speeds achieved in ground effect.=0AGr
aham=0A=0A________________________________=0A From: Tony Renshaw <tonyrensh
aw268@gmail.com>=0ATo: "europa-list@matronics.com" <europa-list@matronics.c
om> =0ASent: Monday, 29 July 2013, 1:11=0ASubject: Europa-List: Tri-gear Fl
Renshaw <tonyrenshaw268@gmail.com>=0A=0AGidday,=0ABuilding a taildragger ve
rsion I am not constrained by gear/flap geometry to determine the flap I ca
n deploy, since they will be electric. I feel I recall the tricycle underca
rriage versions can deploy 30 degrees of flap and I was wondering if someon
e with that amount could measure the length of their slots as a guide whils
t I remove the fuse material. I don't have the cross tube connected to the
flap motor as yet, and am doing it by sanding the slots incrementally as I
lower the flaps, as I didn't trust myself with the jig I made up. (I'm gett
ing tired of fixing my mistakes). =0AThanks in advance.=0ARegards=0ATony Re