Re: Europa-List: Re: Angle of Incidence on a Classic Taildragger Downund

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Angle of Incidence on a Classic Taildragger Downunder
From: Bud Yerly <budyerly@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2013 22:02:39
Graham,
Well said.  If a plane comes in here we do the same thing.  It saves a
lot of head scratching.  We measure root, (granted outside of the filler
and fillets), mid wing between the flap and aileron, and tip.  Then
compare the two wing sides.  If you adjust the flap and aileron to even
them up (the aileron has to be contoured to stay where you want it) it
makes trimming a lot less trial and error plus you don't need those ugly
bendy tabs.
Bud