Europa-List: Re: Angle of Incidence on a Classic Taildragger Downunder

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Angle of Incidence on a Classic Taildragger Downunder
From: Richard Lamprey <lamprey.richard@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2013 10:08:50

Getting it right first time is good.  But also I dimly remember (from the days
of the Europa Newsletter, around 1997) the tale of G-KITS, the first factory
demonstrator
for the Classic tri-gear, where one wing was accidentally built with
1 degree WASHIN, not 1.5 degree washout.  You would think it would have stall/
wingdrop characteristics from hell, but apparently it flew just fine, and
is still flying - I see its picture online.  So perhaps there is some leeway in
the AoI.

Richard
Classic Reg 5Y-LRY, Kenya

Read this topic online here: