Re: Europa-List: Re: Angle of Incidence on a Classic Taildragger Downund

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Angle of Incidence on a Classic Taildragger Downunder
From: GRAHAM SINGLETON <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2013 20:29:42
The AoA that must be accurate is at roughly the outboard end of the spar.
=0AAoA at the wing root is pretty irrelevant. Think about it, there's almos
t no rolling moment there. =0AI made a jig to measure AoA using the leading
 edge and the trailing edge, a Vee on it's side for the LE and a straight e
dge to sit on the trailing edge. Straight edge to join the two. This is you
r datum line, not essential that it is parallel to the wing chord line but
you will need to use a digital level.=0ANext get the first wing set up as p
er the manual.=0ANow set up the second wing to match the first. =0AIt would
n't do any harm to check the wings at the tips too, this will=0Atell you if
 the wings have different washout angle but maybe you didn't want to know t
hat!=0AGraham=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A________________________________=0A From: AirEu
pora <AirEupora@sbcglobal.net>=0ATo: europa-list@matronics.com =0ASent: Thu
rsday, 4 July 2013, 16:39=0ASubject: Europa-List: Re: Angle of Incidence on
 a Classic Taildragger Downunder=0A =0A=0A--> Europa-List message posted by
: "AirEupora" <AirEupora@sbcglobal.net>=0A=0ATony, I can tell you from expe
rience that both wings have to be the same.- I set my up with the fuselag
e bottom only.- I now have both top and bottom on and have 30 hours of fl
ight time.- I have a left wing low.- I went back and measured both wing
s and the right is 2.4 degrees and the left is 1.7 degrees.- =0A=0ANot su
re why!- I took pictures of the level showing 2.5 degrees on both wings!
=0A=0AI have lower the left wing flap about a degree or two, but at low spe
ed the aircraft left wing drops in a second.- I'm planning on resetting t
he front socket.- =0A=0AI'm worried about the holes that I drilled in the
 metal plate that is in the fuselage and will cut out the fuselage skin and
 add a plate to the ole one then set the wing up correctly.=0A=0ADo it righ
t the first, second, third time.- If it's right you will have no troubles
 when you fly it.- Use a laser measure from the tail plane tubes to the w
ind aileron end plate to set the sweep.=0A=0ARick Stockton=0AN120EJ=0AJabir
u 3330L=0AWhirlwind Ground Adjustable=0A=0A=0A=0A=0ARead this topic online
here:=0A=0Ahttp://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=403926#403926=0A